Thursday, July 22, 2010

Colorado Stream

I have always wanted to take a long exposed picture of rushing water to get that flowing effect. I went on a hike a few days ago with my brother and his family and we passed so many beautiful things. When I saw this small stream I took a few minutes to take some pictures. Because it was daylight I had to set the ISO low so that I could also slow the shutter speed down to get the water effect I was looking for. I set the camera down on a rock to steady it in a few places and this is one of my favorite shots from the bunch.

3 comments:

  1. Thats cool, I've always wanted to take one like that. Did you have to keep really still to take it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you sure you're a beginner? I think you're a natural at this! You really have a good eye for composition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tiffany! :) I actually have loved photography since I was in middle school and then took a class in high school but I've just never really showed my pictures to many people. Jason, I steadied it on a rock to keep it still.. someday we'll get a tripod.

    ReplyDelete